NOVICA Hand Woven Quilt Ivory Memories' (King) Cotton Blanket
- Size: 115" L x 125" W
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Carmen Ruiz - crafted with care to be treasured for years to come.
- Product Info: 100% cotton
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we’ll do everything we possibly can to ensure you’re a happy customer.
About this item: Radiating pure elegance, this king sized blanket in an ivory hue is sure to add a charming touch to your room. Working with naturally dyed cotton on a traditional Zapotec loom, Carmen Ruiz presents this large hand woven blanket featuring a delicate ivory fringe.
- All natural dyes
- Dry clean only
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Use a warm iron
About our Artist: 'Born in the weaving village of Teotitlan del Valle, I specialize in creating accessories on the traditional loom. My parents taught me how to weave when I was 15 years old, and the first piece I worked on was a rebozo shawl, which I gave to my mom as a Mother's Day gift,' Carmen Ruiz recounts. 'I've been weaving since the 1980's, and in 2002 I started my own workshop where I specialize in shawls and bedspreads. The most challenging aspect of starting on my own was having a place where I could exhibit my creations.'